ACSIS are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy (together with website ASCIC terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which ASCIC will process any personal data collected from or provided by you. Please read the following carefully to understand ASCIC views and practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated. By visiting www.ISO20400.org you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is ASCIC
ASCIC nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Carol Anne Smith
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
ASCIC will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give ASCIC. This is information about you that you give ASCIC by filling in forms on the Site www.ISO20400.org (Site) or by corresponding by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to the service, search for information, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site, enter a survey, and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give may include your name, company name, address, e-mail address and phone number, company information, opinions and company data.
- Information ASCIC collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site ASCIC will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), information you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information ASCIC receive from other sources. This is information received about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
ASCIC use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you provide. ASCIC will use this information:
Information ASCIC collect about you will be used:
- to carry out the obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ASCIC and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information ASCIC feel may interest you. (This specifically excludes any marketing or promotional activities)
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information received from other sources.
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of ASCIC efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site
ASCIC will combine this information with information you have given and that which has been collected from you. This information and the combined information will be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that ASCIC have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any group company, which means subsidiaries, the ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- analytics and search engine providers that assist in the improvement and optimisation of the Site
ASCIC will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that ASCIC sell or buy any business or assets, in which case ASCIC will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If ASCIC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If ASCIC is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ASCIC our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although ASCIC will do its best to protect your personal data, ASCIC cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once ASCIC have received your information, strict procedures and security features will be adhered to, to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Your information will not be used for marketing purposes.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the website of partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs in providing you with details of the information ASCIC hold about you.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVAVCY POLICY