Prohibited uses of the website and the free Self-Assessment Tool
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm people in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with ASCIC standards
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which the Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Gap analysis tool
- You acknowledge and agree that the Self-Assessment Tool is based upon the information you submit and is therefore your own analysis.
- The outcome from the Self-Assessment Tool is not in any way endorsed, checked or approved by ASCIC or any other 3rd party.
ASCIC may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Interactive World Map for ISO 20400 ( details of countries which have adopted the standard, where to acquire the standard for each country and link provided ).
- Bulletin boards.
Where ASCIC provide any interactive service, ACSIS will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
ASCIC will do its best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the Site, and ASCIC will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use in the light of those risks. However, ASCIC are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Site, and ASCIC expressly exclude liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Interactive services should only be used by people over the age of 18.
Where ASCIC does moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Suspension and termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as ASCIC reasonably feel is necessary.